Sunday, April 15, 2012

Leaving the City of Regret

I had no plan on taking this trip but found myself packing. I knew that no good would come out of this journey but the sucky baby in me went anyway -- to the annual “Guilt Trip”.

I got a ticket to fly with “NORTH WISH I HAD Airlines”. I got my tear up baggae which I could not check and carried it myself all the way. It was weighted down with a ton of memories of what might have been. No one greeted me as I entered the feeling crappy terminal to the “Regret City International Airport”. 
As I checked into “Last Resort Hotel”, I noticed that their hosting the city's most prestigious event, the annual “Pity Party”. I heard many of its leading citizens would be there so I wasn’t going to miss out on that.
First, the “Done Family”, you know - should have done, would have done, could have done. Then the big in the industry “I Had Group”, you probably recognize ole wish I had and his entourage. Of course, the dazzling couples Opportunities would be present, Missed Opportunities and Lost Opportunities.
The biggest company is the “Yesterdays”. Too many of them to count but each have a sad story to share.
Then “Shattered Dreams” would surely make an apperance and "Their Fault” would regale us with stories, I mean excuses - about how things had failed in his life. Each story would be loudly applaud by “Don’t Blame Me” and “I Couldn’t Help It”.
Well, to make a long story short, I went to the party thinking that it would help. But as usual, I became depressed.  As I thought about the stories of failures brought back from the past, it occurred to me that the remainder of this trip and subsequent pity parties could be cancelled by ME!

I realize that I didn’t have to be there.
One thing going through my mind, I can’t change yesterday but I do have the power to make today a wonderful day. I can be happy, joyous, fulfilled, encouraged , as well as encouraging to others.
So, I left the City of Regret immediately.
Am I sorry for mistakes I’ve made in the past?  Yes! 
But there is no physical way to undo them.
If you’re planning a trip to the City of Regret, please cancel your reservation.  Instead, take a trip to “Newness Town”. It's nice here so I got a permanent resident. My neighbour, “I Forgive Myself” and “The New Starts”  are so kind and helpful.
By the way, you don't need to bring and carry a heavy baggage. All load is lifted upon arrival.
God bless you in finding and living in this great town. When you come, look me up. I live on “I Can” Avenue. You won’t miss it, it’s by the famous Lake Love and Joyful Park across the street.