Friday, July 27, 2012

Start the Healing by Revealing Your Hurt

Job doesn’t hold back when he lets God know how angry he is: “I can't stand my life - I hate it! I'm putting it all out on the table, all the bitterness of my life - I'm holding back nothing” (Job 10:1 MSG).

God knew Job was upset. He just wanted Job to admit it, to get it off his chest.

The start healing is by revealing it. To get over emotional hurts, you have to share them with somebody.

Some of you are angry for things that happened in the past. The starting point is to say, “God, I’m still upset".  God is not going to fry you with a thunderbolt if you confess your feelings.

What is it in your life that you're pretending not to know? What hurt in your marriage/ relationship are you pretending is not there? What conflict in your family are you pretending isn't true?

You need to face up to it. That's the first step.

Maybe you’re trying to bury your past, but it keeps resurrecting itself. There are triggers everywhere that keep the memory alive. It keeps popping back because you haven’t dealt with it.

Close the door, move on to the present. Where you've been doesn’t matter. No closure without disclosure.

Talk About It
Try writing to God. He understands and he’s just waiting for you to talk to him about it. Putting your feelings on paper will help you express your heart to God.

-R. Warren